In the works:
(a book by ScottV)
Who > Scott Virtes
non-Union combat-ready background guy
Weight: 210 lbs.
- 2012-14: Writer: Feature-Length Screenplays:
Three feature-length scripts are completed and being considered at various indie studios: "Wendigo" (modern interpretation of the horror classic), "Fixing Sara" (medical drama), and "Nightbeat" (crime noir).
- 2009: editor: weird anthology: "The Book of Tentacles" (check it out)
- Nov 2008: new collection of poetry: "Improbable Jane" (check it out)
- Dec 2006: new collection of poetry: "Peripheral Visions" (check it out)
- May 2006: new collection of short stories: "Blank Spaces & other dangers" (check it out)
- Feb 2006: new collection of poetry: "Afterlife 9" (check it out)
- 2006-12: Blogs & Newsletters
WordFixx (word lore);
Unfuture Chronicle (futurism);
The Unlikely Times (strange news);
Dark Windows (horror/weird newsletter), 40 issue run, 2006-08
- Apr 2005: writer for crime noir serial "Nightbeat 2 & 3" (PhillipsFilms)
- Mar 2005: writer for crime drama "Vincent" (Scott Vee Productions)
- 2005: dialog writer for video game "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" (LeftBehindGames) (2007)
- 2004: scriptwriter: short films for The Actors Playground:
"Psyched Out", "Tech Support Blues", "Just Relax!", "The Siberians", "Ms. North"
- Dec 2003: writer, co-producer for horror film "Voice of the Dead" (PhillipsFilms)
- won Best Short Film at GoreFest 2004.
- Aug 2003: scriptwriter: short film: "Mr. Graves" (Jorge Lopez, director)
- March 2003: co-writer, script supervisor for student film "Into the Dead Room"
(Jeff Branch, director)
- 2003-06: game designer, writer for nickelgames.com
- 2003-10: head writer, producer, webmaster for The Actors Playground
- 1986-date: Over 450 short stories and poems published since 1986; including works in
Nature, Analog, Space & Time, Elysian Fiction, Dreams & Nightmares, Star*Line.
Full fiction credits here.
Full poetry credits here.
- 2001-02: head animation writer, Komodo Studios
- Sep 2001: "insomnia f/x"
(poem e-chapbook) published, truefire.com
- July 2001: "the Other secret house"
(poem chapbook) published, Lockout Press
- June 2001: "Year of the Twist"
(short story collection) published, iUniverse
- Sept 1998: "Arthur: the King, the Sword, the Legend", Corel Corp
(CD-ROM adventure game): I wrote the 4 hour interactive script, did world design,
mapping, post-production and sound f/x, and was the lead C++ programmer.
Project was sold to another company and shelved.
- August 1997: "The Adventures of Shrimp E. Shrimp", SCV Systems (children's game):
writer, creator, designer: 7 minute cartoon plus game action
- 1994-99: my software and game development credits are here.
- 1986-98: former editor/publisher of Sycophant, Alpha Adventures, AlphaDrive magazines
Books by ScottV:
- Digital Sound, "Donor" (2013): I was the on-set digital sound guy and boom mike operator for the student film "Donor" by Jared Nigro.
- Production Assistant, "Table for Three" (2006), tv series, Stu Segall Productions (a few days)
- Director, producer, editor for "Vincent" (2006), short film, the Actors Playground
- Director, producer, editor for "The Siberians" (2004), short film, the Actors Playground;
also did set co-design, set construction, set painting for this one
- Director, producer, editor for "Just Relax!" (2004), short film, the Actors Playground
- Director, producer, editor for "Tech Support Blues" (2004), short film, the Actors Playground
- Director, producer, editor for "Psyched Out" (2004), short film, the Actors Playground
- Co-producer, script supervisor, editor for "Mr. Graves" (2003), short film, the Actors Playground
- played Old Fart in "The Mantra Mess" (2003), audio production, the Actors Playground
- voice of gerbils in "Gerbil Wars" (game, 1998), SCV Systems
- voice of Shrimp E. Shrimp in "The Adventures of Shrimp E. Shrimp" (game, 1997), SCV Systems
- played TV Cameraman and Man in Crowd from 1974 in "See Arnold Run" (2004), Stu Segall Productions
- played Core Sailor in "Master and Commander" (2003), Peter Weir, Fox Studios
- Close-Up on San Diego Business, with Barry Waxler: (radio show, 2014-16) - audio/video edit, converting the weekly guest segments into YouTube videos
- Video post-production - extensive work in "Arthur" (Corel Corp) and my own film productions
- Soundtrack composition - "Metal Noir" (Eldritchfilms, NY, c1996);
"Nemesis" and other PC games for Komodoware
- Sound f/x - projects for Corel Corp, Beachware, Komodoware
- Hand-to-Hand fighting, grappling, cutlass, broadsword,
quarterstaff - Dan Speaker, Fox Baja Studios / Academy of Theatrical Combat
- Cannons - Martin Bibbings, Trafalgar Guns; and armorer at Fox Studios
- Flintlock pistol and rifle - armorer, Fox Baja Studios
so many part time affairs:
guitars (18 years); keyboards, vocals and other instruments; computer music composing;
programming (10 years); eBay (6 years); database systems (5 years); website
development (7 years); 2-d illustration; basic 3-d modeling; stamp collecting/appraisal/
dealership (15 years); chess and classic boardgames; game history; game design;
role playing games; mathematics; antiques; conspiracy theory;
linguistics; folklore and mythology; amateur astronomer; still photography;
image processing; anthropology; archaeology; "weird" science; play tennis, pool;
hiking & the great outdoors.